Thursday, January 6, 2011

Feeling Helpless


I've been in an arm immobilizer for 3 weeks and looking at 3 more weeks of it. It is driving me crazy that I can't do the things I used to for my twinadoes. We are doing the best we can and they are helping me out by fixing the velcro on my immoblizer and helping to get their own snacks, but I can't help going to bed at night feeling like I failed them a little. I can't play like I want to, I can't even buckle them in their car seats. I know they are not suffering and are being well taken care of by their Dad and my mom, their Gram, but I still just want to wrap both arms around them and give a big bear hug back.

Patience is not a strong suit when it comes to myself. I can be pretty patient with my kids when I am teaching them something, but I don't cut myself any slack when it comes to things I can't do. I actually want to sweep the floor and wash the windows, and put away the Christmas decoration. Shocking I know.

This will pass and will just be a small portion of my kids life. They may not even remember it.

I tried to do things with one arm pre-surgery, but you don't realize how much you can't do until the arm is actually velcroed to your body and can't be moved at all!

I'll be back to being the Mommy I want to be soon, until then we'll limp along with a little help from our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment