Friday, January 20, 2012

Anyone Out There

I have been very lax in posting, its not that I don't have anything to say, I just can't find the time to say it. My little photography business has taken off nicely and I find myself immersed in photoshop and lightroom in the spare time I was dedicating to blogging (even my personal blog for family and friends has suffered too!) There is a little lull in the action right now and several people have mentioned this News-Herald blog to me so I figured people must still be out there and reading!

My biggest worry and decision right now is about sending the twinadoes to school in the fall. I am leaning towards homeschooling and on most days I am really happy with that decision. The one day where I'm back to old insecure me keeps nagging that maybe it is not the right call. I enroll them in all sorts of activities so they get the social time. Anyone that spends 5 minutes with them knows they have no problems with their social skills, so I'm not worried about that. It's me worrying that I will not be teaching them all they need to know. When I sit down at the end of the day and think about it, I know that is not the case since they are pretty darn smart and are having no trouble working their way through the preschool/K/1st grade stuff we do at home. They are 4 1/2 and can read, write, and are working on addition and subtraction and telling time.

I'm exploring options now because the school registration starts soon. So fill me in.....if you homeschool, do you use a curriculm? If so, which one? What programs for home schoolers do you find useful? I know Willoughby Fine Arts and the Metroparks offer homeschool stuff, where else? What websites do you find most helpful?

Please, help a mother out!

No comments:

Post a Comment