Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Last Paci Standing

Our boy likes loves his paci.

We went through a ton of the green soothies that he got in the hospital. In desperation when he was about 4 weeks old, I placed an overnight order for more, because we were down to the last one! I didn't realize you can find those in most stores and was in a panic. I chalk it up to being sleep-deprived, still recovering from the c-section, and packing up a house so we could move.

Anyway, since he tossed his car paci months ago, he has had two blue soothies in his bed. A few weeks ago, one got a hole and he hopped out of bed and tossed it in the trash.

This morning as I was clearing some of the toys that magically end up in his bed, I looked at his lone paci and it, too, had a hole. I told him about it and he said, "it's the last one, but I have to throw it away." Off he went.

I was worried all morning about what nap time was going to be like, it is literally the first time in 37 months he hasn't had that thing stuck in his yop to soothe him to sleep.

I should have known better, my easy-going boy is up there singing himself to sleep. Not a cry about the paci.




If only potty training were going this well :(

No comments:

Post a Comment