Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day2

Mother's Day.

The day to celebrate the women in your life that mean the most to you.

They may or may not have been the one that gave birth to you, but they nurture and shape you.

They love you beyond belief.

They have made sacrifices for you.

They put their needs second.

They are who you trust. Who you confide in. Who you respect. Who you love.

Three years ago, I got the best Mother's Day gift ever. I got to walk out of the hospital with my two healthy babies. They were born 3 days prior and were barely more than sacks of sugar. There will never be a gift that could top that. As an "infertile myrtle" getting to take your babies home ON Mother's Day is big. HUGE.

For a long time, all I wanted was to have a child. After many Mother's Day where I sucked it up through brunch with my Mom and MIL, and then cried the rest of the day, it was finally my turn to get the carnation at the brunch.

What lady means the most to you? Don't forget to tell them you feel that way today!




No comments:

Post a Comment